Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reds Feed Too Much Garbage to Garbage Eating Cub Bears, Cubs 6-3

The Reds long Labor Day weekend finally concluded resulting in this post you're probably not reading. That's okay. I enjoy reading my incorrect grammar and poorly constructed sentences as much as the limited readership.

The Reds ran into the the bear buzzsaw in Chicago, losing two of three to the terrible, terrible Cubs. Tonight there was a little too much Carlos Pena. That guy can rake - about 2 out of every 10 at bats, one of which is a home run. He had his two hits of the week tonight, the big one being a three-run bomb in the 8th off Bray. Cueto came off a poor outing last time against the Cardinals to go 7 and give up 3. He left trailing but the offense picked him up, tying things at three, immediately prior to Renteria getting thrown out at the plate trying to score the fourth run of the evening. Ondrusek got hung withe loss, penalized for leaving men on base for Bray to remove, not before touching home plate.

The last few days we've gotten the opportunity to see some of the kids. Mesoraco has been getting regular at bats and Alonso has been seeing more and more time. He had three hits tonight. Valaika even got a shot at short which he hasn't done for a while and, according to the the nerds in charge of telling me about baseball, probably shouldn't ever play the 6 position. Bruce and Votto each added two hits tonight. Hernandez took over the role of having runners on base and not doing much with them. He hasn't been the problem for most of the season, so he's entitled to a turn. And the Reds likely get a draft pick based upon his 'A' free agent status following the season. That's assuming he's offered and rejects arbitration, only to sign elsewhere. It's a very complicated process reserved only for the very smart. I do not fall into that category, so will cease my explanation here.

Yesterday, I won't backtrack too far, Leake had a chance for his first career shutout but gave up a two-run, game-tying bomb to something called a LeHair. I think that translates to 'the hair', based upon my remedial knowledge of the French language. If I had to give up my first career shutout, I think a home run to The Hair would be an acceptable way to go about it. The Reds came back to win in the 14th, so everything worked out for the best. Though, again presented with the options, a meaningless win for a team eliminated from playoff contention versus first career shutout, it's probably a toss-up. At least after listening to Dusty spin it for me.

The Reds get the privilege of playing the Rockies for a couple of days, which should be worth a watch. I know I'll be tuning in. The offense has scheduled many hits and runs for the weekend. It's already on the calendar - in pen - so, expect it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came
here by searching for studentlaons

Here is my homepage; Private student loans for graduate students