Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Reds Are indeed a Very Good Team, Reds 4-2

Long game last night for the Reds and the strongly supported Nationals. Harang dominated for seven and two-thirds then it started raining. And by the time Coco reemerged to try and finish the 9th, those fried gizzards he had during the two hours break had caught up with him. That teaches him a valuable lesson, just because the concessions tells you they are going to have to throw out the last 12 polish sausages if someone doesn't eat them, doesn't necessarily mean that you have to eat them. But he did and now his consecutive saves streak is over, against the Nationals. I hope you're happy with yourself.

As a Reds supporter in the Pacific Time Zone, I enjoyed the 9th inning rain followed by some additional baseball. Usually by 9 o'clock I'm stuck watching the Diamondbacks play the game the wrong way. But last night, after the initial disappointment of going to extras, I got to see some clutch hitting by big time Jonny Gomes and an add-on run from Hairston. This all followed 9 innings of bullshit. Three hits off of the Nationals staff is not the desired number. Though, two of those were well-hit ball by Ray-Jay Bruce. That average has reached .220 again. Looks like that day off sitting next to Dusty has really paid off. 'Jay, listen up...I know Hank Aaron. Remember that.'

For those of you who have been waiting for a Nick Masset photo to adorn a recap of a Reds game, that time has finally arrived. Masset has continued to be a very pleasant surprise out of the bullpen. The Reds Rocket will now deny that it ever advocated trying to sneak him through waivers when the spring let out and not caring whether or not he went elsewhere. He's been pretty dominant all year. Good for you Nick. I specifically recall the Prospectus entry about you which said, essentially, just because you throw hard doesn't mean you're any good. The nerds must have forgotten to carry a digit in their calculation. I am not sure whether or not I am in favor of a sweep today, since all sweeps are immediately succeeded by the Reds getting swept. Though I do like finding broom photos. Reds! Reds! Reds!

1 comment:

The Last Unitard said...

I don't know if you've noticed this, but our pitching staff are generally less than handsome.

I think that is why attractive women don't go out of their way to approach me when I'm wearing Reds gear.

Perhaps we should send Owings down and call up Homer "Christian Bale" Bailey.

That ought to improve my "game".